Managing pain is an important part of your treatment and recovery from an orthopedic disorder or injury. Pain can cause sleeplessness, depression and limitations on your ability to move – all of which can slow down your recovery.
It is important to manage your pain before it becomes too intense. Be sure to tell your doctor when you have pain and discuss ways to deal with the pain. The sooner you treat pain, the less likely it is to get worse or cause other complications.
Pain can be:
- Acute, lasting up to three months. It usually gets better after four to six weeks of home treatment. This type of pain is usually the result of an injury or a disorder such as arthritis. It can range from a muscle ache to shooting or stabbing pain. Sometimes it limits your ability to move or stand up properly.
- Recurrent, a repeat episode of acute symptoms. Most people have at least one episode of recurrent low back pain.
- Chronic, lasting longer than three months. This type of pain often gets worse over time. Its cause can be difficult to identify.
Our specialists employ a comprehensive, multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach to pain, using combinations of medications, office-based ultrasound-guided injection procedures, surgical center-based interventional procedures, functional rehabilitation, and behavioral therapies to reduce and eliminate pain.
As a commitment to providing the most complete services, we have a dual propulsion rehabilitation endless pool, where therapeutic programs are implemented by our physiotherapist according to the age, physical condition, pathology and degree of evolution of each patient.
The unique combination of heat, water and movement is a great help in relieving chronic pain and muscle stiffness, improving circulation, increasing flexibility, and relieving muscle spasms. Our dual-propulsion system lets two swimmers swim side-by-side in their own independently controlled current.
The therapeutic applications of the rehabilitation pool include:
- Pain relief, since heat increases the sensitivity threshold of nociceptors and decreases the speed of nerve conduction and muscle contracture.
- Increase in local temperature and vasodilation. The heat generates an increase in body temperature between 0.5 and 3ºC.
- Antispasmodic effect. There is a decrease in muscle tone, which improves mobilization.
The rehabilitation pool has broad benefits for everyone, especially:
- People with mild or moderate cardiorespiratory problems.
- People with some type of disability, with little physical activity.
- People with psychomotor problems, general dynamic coordination and both dynamic and static balance.
- People with general atrophy or lack of muscle tone.
- People with poor joint mobility and flexibility.
- Nervous, restless, stressed and difficult to relax people.
- With general injuries of the entire spine (cervical, dorsal and lumbar).
Technogym Rehabilitation Area
As part of our facilities we offer a state-of-the-art rehabilitation area with Technogym® equipment, the most advanced technology in fitness and rehabilitation equipment that provide the best results with minimal impact to the body. Take advantage of the impeccable biomechanics of our machines to perform movements in the safest way possible to get an adequate recovery.
Our Advanced Facility
When you choose CORE Medical & Surgery Center, you gain access to a state-of-the-art facility including surgical suites, well-equipped patient rooms, a gym, pharmacy and even an on-site restaurant.
Not only do we offer best-in-class biomechanics to ensure safety, our connected solutions also provide the continuity and transparency patients need throughout the process, from diagnosis to prescription to training and rehabilitation.
Our equipment offers solutions as:
- Functional and health assessment
- Connect and train
- Measurable results
As part of our service our physical therapists and rehabilitation center doctors will work with you step by step to create a personalized exercise plan to ensure your adequate recovery. They will also work with you to generate a diagnosis, create an action plan and will be responsible for providing you with a specific treatment, if required. They have the ability to guide you in the prevention of other injuries as well.
Welcome to CORE Medical & Surgery Center, the “Heart” of Excellence!